Today’s event attendees expect a lot. They expect to be able to find event-related information quickly and easily, and connect with other participants throughout the course of the event. They expect technology to deliver what they need, when they need it, in response to their individual interests.
Today’s organizations are equally demanding, expecting measurable ROI from each event investment.
Combine all of this with the fact that attendees are more connected than ever—you know they’ll show up with at least one mobile device in their hands—and the result is a perfect storm for the introduction of event mobile apps.
As an event organizer, you must be able to use your event app as a medium to direct and facilitate each attendee’s unique experience. You need to deliver relevant content and connect attendees with the right event participants—especially in the months leading up to the event and at the event itself.
The need for a mobile app is clear but the complexity of choosing and implementing a solution, combined with tight budgets and even tighter deadlines, brings a set of challenges, including:
- Ease of deployment – How easily will it be to deploy mobile apps for every one of your events?
- Adoption of software – Is it possible to avoid purchasing and managing yet another piece of software?
- Technical resources – Will you require technical resources to integrate the mobile app with your existing event management platform?
- Attendee engagement – Will the mobile app make it easy for you to engage with attendees before, during, and after the event?
- Value – Will all event participants realize value from the investment?
Every event needs a mobile app. But every event is unique in how the app should take form. Your job is to determine the right feature set, the right technology, and the right set of resources.
So, how do you overcome the challenges? It all starts with having the right strategy in place.
Today we’re pleased to announce the launch of our latest E-book, How to Craft Your Event Mobile App Strategy. In it you’ll discover a handful of questions to help you devise a mobile strategy that will really work for you, your organization, your attendees, and your events. Get your copy today.