What’s happening in marketing today? How do we know we’re doing the right things, staying ahead of the game, and keeping our companies on the leading edge? According to the 2015 State of Marketing Report from Salesforce, which surveyed more than 5,000 marketers globally, one of the top three business challenges facing marketers is “remaining up to date with current marketing technology and trends.”
We all have a great (and FREE!) opportunity on Sept. 2nd to hear from some of the biggest movers and shakers in the marketing field. Leading brands including Mashable, Linkedin, Virgin, and Pandora will be on hand to give us insight into some of the most pressing issues in modern marketing.
Marketo’s Marketing Nation Online event, the largest online marketing conference in the world, promises to set the groundwork for us marketers to take our games to the next level.
Join us on September 2nd, 2015!
(And don’t miss Certain’s session Winning a Revvie with Events: CA Technologies Generates Credible ROI and New Upsell Opportunities from 10:00-10:30am)
Gaze into the Crystal Ball: What Does Marketing’s Next Era Hold?
Marketing is becoming increasingly more data-driven. Having a tech stack isn’t a luxury anymore. It’s an absolute necessity. The Salesforce State of Marketing report found 54% of marketers agree that “marketing analytics” is essential or critical for creating a cohesive customer journey. The fact that Marketo’s conference is happening online reinforces this idea since, as you can imagine, everything will be carefully measured and analyzed.
Coming from the events side of marketing here at Certain, we’ve taken the position that all marketing–even live, in-person events–can contribute to the data-driven marketer’s arsenal. The future of marketing is that data from ALL forms of marketing will be brought into the cross-channel mix and used to fuel overall business success. We’ve proven this is possible with in-person events through the recent success of CA Technologies and its large user conference, CA World. At that event, CA was able to turn the typical event marketing process on its head by fully integrating marketing automation and event technology to personalize the attendee experience, drive engagement, and fuel up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
The future is here! And we hope you’re as excited as we are to be a part of it.
Here are some of the top sessions we are personally looking forward to at this year’s conference:
- CMO of Mashable, Stacy Martinet’s @stacymartinet keynote on creating content for the digital generation.
- LinkedIn’s Head of Products, Russ Glass’ @glassruss keynote on the challenges and opportunities posed by an increasingly complex buyer’s journey.
- What NOT to miss in your marketing so you can drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention while building meaningful lifelong relationships with your customers. Marketo’s Director of Product Marketing, Vidya Chadaga @vidyapc has this topic covered.
- What Virgin America’s @VirginAmerica Head of Partnerships, Sylvie Charbonnier has to say about building brands that people love.
- How Zenefits went from $0 to $20MM ARR in about 2 years (wow!).
- People-based marketing through the eyes of Facebook.
- How to plan and build an effective content marketing strategy, why content marketing really matters, and how to make it convert higher. There are a few great sessions on content marketing at the conference from Accenture, Newscred, Uberlip, and Marketo.
- How always-on nurturing is helping top marketers accelerate the buyer’s journey. This session from Nick Edouard @nickedouard, Co-Founder and President of LookBookHQ should be a great one.
- Why ABM is generating so much buzz and practical tips for launching and scaling your ABM programs. Engagio’s CEO, Jon Miller @jonmiller will cover this topic.
- How Pandora uses personalized experiences to drive user growth and engagement, as told by Pandor’s VP of Brand and Product Marketing, Melissa Waters. @WatersMelissa
There are so many more amazing sessions in store. It’s hard not to name them all. Check out the full agenda and register for free here.
And of course, the team here at Certain is looking forward to showcasing our latest success story on CA Technologies. Certain’s VP of Strategic Alliances, Christine Hansen, will describe how CA Technologies, one of the largest software companies in the world, leveraged their user conference, CA World, to bring new value to their users with a cross-sell up-sell strategy designed to drive new business and shorten sales cycles. She will share the ground-breaking results that won a Revvie award and show how you can leverage these strategies to grow your business through untapped revenue. Don’t miss this session starting at 10am.
Finally, we invite you to engage with Certain at Marketing Nation Online to win a GoPro or Beats headphones. Get all the details here.
It’s hard to keep up with the pace of change we’ve experienced over the past several years, let alone the last 6 months. Join us at Marketing Nation Online on September 2, 2015 for a day dedicated to entering the next era in style and success.