How to Slay Event Mediocrity With Killer Content
This month, Certain is introducing a monthly Twitter Chat Series allowing fans, followers, customers and employees an opportunity to exchange ideas with B2B marketing thought leaders and event industry professionals.
At Certain, we know that events are content—big content and Ann Handley, of @MarketingProfs fame, is waging a war on snooze-worthy business communication. Her latest book, Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content is her weapon of mass instruction. A Wall Street Journal Bestseller, it holds an honored perch on our marketing team’s bookshelf. If content marketing is indeed Everything, Ann believes that good writing is the beating heart of the whole schmear. It’s a prime component to our interaction with the public. Overlooking words and how you’re using them to tell your story, she counsels, is putting your company at a disadvantage.
In this inaugural Twitterview, Certain’s Content Director, Lynn Langmade @LLangmade, will talk with Ann about her book as well as how we should approach our content strategies when hosting events in 2016. Certain invites you to speak up also! Join us in the chat and you’ll automatically get a chance to win your own autographed copy of Everybody Writes! We’re giving away three signed editions in a contest. To win, all you have to do is ask Ann a question during the chat. Winners will be selected at random from the pool of participants. We’ll announce the winners on Friday Jan 22nd by 5pm PST. Official Contest Rules After the Jump.
Consider #MKTGPOV your VIP ticket to exclusive event and content marketing insights.
How do you participate in #MKTGPOV?
#MKTGPOV is a live streaming conversation using Twitter. You must have a Twitter account to participate. To focus in on the #MKTGPOV conversation which occurs each month on the third Thursday – 10 am PST / 12 pm CST / 1 pm EST we use TweetChat.
#MKTGPOV Chat with Ann Handley:
Date: Thursday 1-21-2016
Time: 10 a.m. PST / 12 p.m. CST / 1 p.m. EST
Hosts: @Certain & @Llangmade
- Contest lasts through the end of the chat session with Matt Heinz on the scheduled day: Thursday Feb 18, 2016.
How to Win:
To win the giveaway prizes, entrants MUST:
- ASK our guest a question during the Twitter Chat. The next one is scheduled for Thursday Feb 18 at 10am PST / 12pm CST / 1pm EST and include hashtag #MKTPOV. That’s it! That’s the only requirement to enter!
For optional bonus points it would be appreciated if entrants did ANY of the following:
- WRITE people in your network & let them know about the #MKTGPOV Chat anytime before the day of the chat.
- RETWEET ANY Tweet referencing the chat – OR retweet any of the tweets from Certain or Matt DURING the chat on Feb 18, 10am PST/ 12pm CST or 1pm EST. Always include hashtag #MKTGPOV.
Who Is Eligible To Enter:
- No purchase is necessary to participate.
- Entry is limited to participants in the United States.
- Entry is limited to Twitter users aged 13 and above.
- By participating in the giveaway contest, you agree to unconditional agreement to these rules.
- Only one entrant may a prize win from a single Twitter account.
- Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Selected winners will be based upon random drawing on Friday Feb 19th and vetted to see if they’ve asked Matt a question. Winners will be notified via a general Tweet announcement by @Certain (Sponsor) on Friday Feb 19th by 5pm PST. Each Winner must then allow Sponsor to “follow” winner on Twitter so that Sponsor can contact winner via a DM. This means winner must follow @Certain back to enable DM messaging. If winner does not allow Sponsor to follow him or her or does not enable the functionality to receive a DM, then Sponsor will select another winner. After one week with no response from winner, Sponsor is also at liberty to select a new winner. Winner must provide Sponsor with full contact details in order to be awarded the prize. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- The prize will be shipped at no cost to the winner.
- Allow at least two weeks for shipping of the prizes.
- Sponsor: Certain, Inc., 75 Hawthorne Street, San Francisco, CA 94105. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.