Dissatisfaction primarily attributed to lack of time and technology
SAN FRANCISCO – August 8, 2017 — A new survey from Certain, the leader in enterprise event automation, reveals that despite technology advances, many marketers still struggle to capitalize on leads generated following in-person events. Events continue to be rated the number one most effective B2B marketing tactic because of their high returns. However, data from Certain’s survey (pulled from over 150 marketing decision makers at B2B companies), reveals that there is room for improvement, particularly when it comes to post-event nurturing. The most compelling data from the survey revealed the following from the respondents:
- The majority of marketers (73 percent) still rely on manual data capture for events
- Of those surveyed, 81 percent want more information on leads than what is currently captured at events
- The vast majority (89 percent) reported the lag in following up on leads is due to a lack of tools and capabilities
Events remain a crucial tool for today’s enterprise marketers, with 70 percent of the U.S.-based senior marketers reportedly planning to increase their marketing spend on events in 2017. Despite this increase in spend, many marketers seem to be missing the mark on effective follow ups, with only two percent of the marketers Certain surveyed reporting that they follow up with leads on the same day. Fifty seven percent reported that it takes several hours, and a further 23 percent sharing that it takes them multiple days. Only 30 percent of U.S. senior marketers reported that they are completely satisfied with the amount of time it takes their organizations to follow up, indicating that there are crucial tools and technologies lacking in their processes.
“In-person events remain one of the best ways for companies to engage with new prospects that have the potential to convert into customers,” said Peter Micciche, CEO, Certain. “Without event automation, hot leads can often go cold. It’s clear from our recent survey that marketers want to follow up more quickly, but are unable to do so with current tools and technology. With the help of event automation, marketers can take full advantage of the relationships fostered during events – collecting crucial data that enables real-time marketing – creating better engagement including post-event nurturing, to drive stronger business results.”
Certain’s event lead survey revealed that even large enterprise companies are behind when it comes to event automation technology. This is clear with 31 percent of US marketers surveyed still using manual methods and tools to mine leads. According to a study from InsideSales, the odds of connecting with a lead significantly decreases after the first 20 minutes of meeting, meaning only two percent of marketers are playing to their full potential and maximizing ROI from events.
Certain’s lead survey findings further drive home that there are advanced technologies that can be integrated into the marketing stack that will significantly improve conversion rates. The survey findings are from 150 marketing decision-makers at B2B organizations in the United States with 1,000 or more employees that sponsor or host two or more events each year. Data was collected in July 2017.
Other findings from the research include:
- Many organizations are putting the pressure on marketers to prove their worth:
- Nearly 66 percent of respondents said their organizations require them to reach out to 50 or more leads following an event
- Event lead follow up often involves the efforts of multiple team members:
- 68 percent of respondents said lead follow ups usually requires the attention of 10 or more people from marketing teams
- Event lead follow up is not as simple as forwarding data collected to the sales team:
- 57 percent of respondents said at least a few hours of manual effort is required to make leads ‘sales ready’ before teams can follow up
Visit here for more on Certain’s Event Lead Follow Up Survey: http://innovate.certain.com/event-followup-survey
Certain is the leading enterprise Event Automation solution that helps data-driven marketers and event professionals integrate rich buying signals and attendee insights into omni-channel marketing campaigns to improve sales and marketing results and deliver event ROI. Certain partners with hundreds of companies across tens of thousands of events with millions of attendees. Visit www.certain.com for more information.
Hotwire PR on behalf of Certain